jniiiice

Help Fujifilm X-T3 Import cuts the photo

This happens every time I try to import any of my Raw files... I searched the forums and did not find anything about this.

10.14.2 Mojave

1.6.7 affinity 

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 6.26.58 PM.png

The Fujifilm X-T3 isn't yet supported by the Affinity libraw based RAW engine (it's not among the v.1.6.x or v1.7.x list of supported cams). - However when using the macOS Mojave core engine instead of Serif's it should be supported according to Apple but only for uncompressed RAWs.

So you can try to change the APh used RAW engine with the APh "Asistent" (top button bar the middle right one, then the "Develop asistent" button) to the Apple core one, restart APh and throw some uncompressed X-T3 RAWs on it, in order to see if that works better.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.6.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.6.7 ◆ OSX El Capitan

20 hours ago, v_kyr said:

The Fujifilm X-T3 isn't yet supported by the Affinity libraw based RAW engine (it's not among the v.1.6.x or v1.7.x list of supported cams). - However when using the macOS Mojave core engine instead of Serif's it should be supported according to Apple but only for uncompressed RAWs.

So you can try to change the APh used RAW engine with the APh "Asistent" (top button bar the middle right one, then the "Develop asistent" button) to the Apple core one, restart APh and throw some uncompressed X-T3 RAWs on it, in order to see if that works better.

I changed it to Apple raw it does the same but... but when I drag and drop in Affinity it works no matter which raw processor I choose... Strange and sad because this camera was released months ago and affinity still doesn't support it officially ... C'mon Affinity

Hmm strange, is it an uncompressed RAW file and does it work in Apple Preview/Photos etc. with Apple's RAW engine under Mojave?

36 minutes ago, jniiiice said:

but when I drag and drop in Affinity it works no matter which raw processor I choose

Since I'm actually sitting at a Win box I've tried opening a X-T3 RAW from here (below are RAWs on that page) with the APh 1.7.0.231 beta version (instead on Win 10). And that opens (via File > Open..., I didn't used drag'n'drop) the X-T3 RAW just fine after some longer processing time with the Serif engine on Win 10. - So you might want to try the Mac APh 1.7.x beta in order to see if it makes possibly any difference then for you under macOS Mojave too.

Posted (edited)

I've got a similar issue. Using XT3 with 18-55mm.  Top portion of image is has a black arch. Gutted I can't process any images.

Edited by MPAffinity17
Tested lens correction idea. It didn't solve anything.

Hi MPAffinity17,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is a known issue that's being looked at. If you are using a Mac, switch to Apple (Core Image RAW) engine and it will load them correctly until we have a fix for our own engine. To do it open a RAW file, go to menu View ▸ Assistant Manager..., and change the first dropdown  (RAW engine) to Apple (Core Image RAW). Reload the raw file to use the new setting. This option is not available on Windows.