You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't update 1.7.0 on Windows 10

I have been trying to update to the latest version of Publisher 1.7.0 but with no luck. It just does nothing. i have also tried uninstalling and downloading this version again it does nothing. Does not install.  Been fine up to now. 

Ideas?

It might be easier for people to help if you give some idea of exactly what's happening when you try to install.
Where did you download the software from?
What installation process do you use?
Do you get any windows appearing - even for just a moment?
What do the windows say - if you can see anything?
Which buttons do you press, if any?
What messages pop up?
etc. etc.

Hello 

Thank you for telling me what to write. Complete novice at this, but loved Page Plus and hoping this will be as good if not better. (Big Serif fan).

I had been using it for several weeks, had some updates everything working well until 1.7.0.227. 

Loaded the software and said the beta had timed out and new version needed (as before), but this time after the update. It did nothing... The icon appeared on the taskbar and then disappeared. No messages, no windows... nothing.

So uninstalled software using usual Windows uninstall. And then went to the full download from the Affinity website. Installed it but still the same happens. loads on task bar, and then disappears. Checked task manager to see if there was any activity in there nothing appeared. I have tried the uninstalling and redownloading several times now, with the same problem.

I have also just been to the download today and the download says it is 1.7.0.227. So where is 238?

It works fine (so far) on my other laptop, Toshiba Satellite Pro Windows 10. The problem is on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Windows 10. (If that helps).1663082397_Downloadscreen.thumb.PNG.8511a94b1c9123954eab8616260e45de.PNG

I have added a screenshot of where I got the download and it tells you the version (Sat 15.38 9th Feb 2019)

Download screen.PNG

You can get .238 by browsing this forum, where you'll find it in a pinned topic near the top of the forum. New beta releases are always announced that way, and are usually available there some amount of time before they're up on the regular Store site, or by automatic update (for those on Mac). Currently that's this topic.

When you're having installation problems: Reboot and try again (often Windows gets into a state where it will not allow installers to run). If that doesn't help, right-click on the installer .exe file and choose Run as Administrator (even if your account already has Administrator privileges; again, it's a Windows thing).

If those don't work, there are some other posts with additional debugging info that we can point you to.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Semi-related note: On Windows 10, if you're having strange problems with uninstall/upgrade (not just for Publisher) and you have "Fast Startup" switched on - Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Power Options / System Settings - then you could try doing a Restart instead of a Shut-down/Boot-up (search for "windows 10 fast startup" for information.) Doing so will get you a 'nice clean and fresh' boot-up. This might help, or it might not, but it's worth a try if all else fails.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.