You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom doesn't automatically change after moving application to another display, and gets worse after moving it back

Windows 10 Home 1809, Designer 1.7.0.231.

I've just noticed the following problem:
* Open Designer on my main monitor, basic HD, nothing fancy (scale at 100%);
* Create a new document and put a 2 inch square on it;
* Zoom to 100%;
* Measure square, it's 2 inches square - as expected;
* Move Designer window to laptop display, basic HD, just whatever came built-in (scale 125%);
* Measure square, it's now close to 1 and 6/8ths of an inch square - not great, but easily fixed;
* Zoom to 100%;
* Measure square, it's 2 inches square again - as expected;
* Move Designer window back to main monitor;
* Measure square, it's now just under 2 and a half inches square - but we should be able to fix that;
* Zoom to 100% and...  oh dear, that's wrong;
* Measure square, it's now just under 3 and 1/8ths of an inch - some thing has gone wrong somewhere.
And no amount of re-zooming, minimising the application, or anything else I have tried will fix it, it stays looking too big until I re-launch the application.
Just saving the document, closing it, and then re-loading it doesn't fix the problem, I've got to bounce Designer entirely.
Designer is set to use the built-in - default - Intel GPU.

• 4 weeks later...

That might take a while to organise as I've never recorded dual monitors before.
I've just looked at a video on how to do it with Open Broadcaster - which I've never used before - and it looks a bit fiddly.
Is there any particular bit of the process you need to see?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.