You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any way to Batch Job multiple sizes export?

• 1 year later...

Actually, it is possible to take a single image (or even several) and export multiple files at different sizes (but as far as I can tell they must be of constrained proportions).

• Get your image prepared however you want in Affinity Photo. 
  • Click on Export Persona.
  • Using the slice tool, Select the whole of the image.
  • In the slices pane, make sure the slice you made of the image is selected.
  • Click what looks like a video play icon on the slice in question (it opens up a menu).
  • In the field that displays '1x' put your first desired width dimension (make sure to add a 'w' or a 'h' after the numerical value so it knows which dimension to use as base).
  • In the other field, create a renaming system (i used [Slice name]_[width] for mine).
  • Click the '+' to add more of these widths(for each set the renaming pattern).
  • You can click on the Export All icon, and tell it where to save the export files.
  • Make sure to save this and name it so you can reuse it as often as you need it.

The above steps leave out some of the nitty gritty details of saving the 'Macro', but it didn't take me long to figure it, and it won't take you long either.

Hope that helps someone.

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 11.55.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 11.51.50 AM.png

Edited by glass

• 7 months later...

Affinity Photo V1.9.3 is automatically using the filename as ‘slicename’ (at least when only one layer, and slice is in use). Hence, one can form the desired filename combinations for the slice export as shown above. However, the program did not allow me to record the slice export as a macro - a batch processing of multiple images via the slice export still does not seem to be possible.

Am I missing something, and a slice export can be recorded as a macro to be used in batch processing ?