You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.7.0.231] screen redraw lag

Hi,

I saw something like this yesterday when initially testing the new build but after App reboot I could not create it..However I have managed to reproduce it today.

1. Create new file with ArtBoard [snapping is off]

2. Add/ create simple rectangle and drag around (I get a slight flicker on the rotation but nothing significant)

3. Open Grid and Axis Manager 

4. Go to Cube (new feature) [not sure necessary!]

5. Click Show Grid and then drag the same rectangle again...I can see a significant lag on fill of rectangle (which is an old issue..from a much earlier version! ) 

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. Snapping on/off makes no difference. 

I’ll have another try tomorrow and also test StuartRc’s formula to recreate the problem. Thanks.

v2.4.0 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.3.1

I still experienced the same problem no mater what I did.

I've now rebooted computer and returned Affinity Designer to factory defaults by clearing all user settings at start up. Happy to report all is back to normal again.

v2.4.0 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.3.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.