Jonopen

[1.7.0.231] screen redraw lag

I've just tried this, and I'm not getting this lag. I noticed you have snapping enabled, so I turned that on as well, and still didn't notice any lag (I'm on an old Dell XPS15 laptop). If you turn off snapping, does it improve?

Hi,

I saw something like this yesterday when initially testing the new build but after App reboot I could not create it..However I have managed to reproduce it today.

1. Create new file with ArtBoard [snapping is off]

2. Add/ create simple rectangle and drag around (I get a slight flicker on the rotation but nothing significant)

3. Open Grid and Axis Manager 

4. Go to Cube (new feature) [not sure necessary!]

5. Click Show Grid and then drag the same rectangle again...I can see a significant lag on fill of rectangle (which is an old issue..from a much earlier version! ) 

APh & AD 1.7.1.404 + Beta AD 1.7.2.424 | APh 1.7.1.404 + Beta AP 1.7.2.424
APu 1.7.1.404 +Beta Apu 1.7.2.422

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.06.3(Adrenalin, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.35-3

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. Snapping on/off makes no difference. 

I’ll have another try tomorrow and also test StuartRc’s formula to recreate the problem. Thanks.

Windows Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Windows 10 Home (v1809). Windows scaling 115% 

I still experienced the same problem no mater what I did.

I've now rebooted computer and returned Affinity Designer to factory defaults by clearing all user settings at start up. Happy to report all is back to normal again.

Windows Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Windows 10 Home (v1809). Windows scaling 115%