Development is veryyyy slow.

Takes around 2.30 minutes to finish and the end result is a washed-out image ...
I did the test with different images all with the same result

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123  &  1.7.0.293 bèta

Windows 10 Home v 1809 (build 17763.437) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)

At the end, your document appears to be RGBA/16 with gamma-encoded pixel values but it wrongly has been assigned a linear colour profile instead of a gamma encoding profile, hence the washed out look which is also affecting the colour wheel at top right.

Edited by >|<

Here the RAW files is opened in the Develop Persona, but clicking "Develop" without doing anything also creates a washed out file. But the operation is as fast as it was in the previous version. I tried with 3 different cameras RAW files and same result. It's like if the color profile was wrong.

But now I can hear the fans on the graphics card...

2 minutes ago, AlainP said:

Here the RAW files is opened in the Develop Persona, but clicking "Develop" without doing anything also creates a washed out file. But the operation is as fast as it was in the previous version. I tried with 3 different cameras RAW files and same result.

But now I can hear the fans on the graphics card...

If your result is a 16 bpc RGBA document with a linear profile then try using Document > Assign ICC Profile to assign the non-linear version of the profile.

Same again - your document is 16 bpc RGB but it wrongly has a linear profile instead of the gamma encoding version of the profile.

11 minutes ago, >|< said:

If your result is a 16 bpc RGBA document with a linear profile then try using Document > Assign ICC Profile to assign the non-linear version of the profile.

You're right, the Develop assigns a linear color profile.

10 minutes ago, AlainP said:

You're right, the Develop assigns a linear color profile.

Develop persona works in a linear colour space. It can output a 32 bpc linear image or a 16 bpc gamma-encoded image. When outputting the latter it should, and in the 1.7 betas on Mac does, assign a gamma encoding profile to the gamma-encoded image, so your problem appears to be specific to the current AP beta on Windows.

Note that .231 for Windows is listed as having fixed a problem in the Develop Persona:

Stopped clipping to sRGB gamut on developing to ProPhoto RGBA16

Apparently there's a bit of a problem with that fix :)

(I see the same problem, and Assigning the non-linear profile also resolves it for me. Thanks for the suggestion, @>|<.)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

Okay, a non-linear profile assignment solves the problem, but that should happen automatically as before.

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123  &  1.7.0.293 bèta

Windows 10 Home v 1809 (build 17763.437) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)

Well... it's still a beta version so this kind of problem is normal. I'm sure this will be fixed in the next release, and untill then the fix is quite easy and quick.

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Document > Assign ICC Profile, if I remember correctly.

Thanks I looked in there but I wasn't sure which to pick,        Update: figured it out Thanks again

Also noticed that the histograms are different between 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.231 The white coloured graph is missing on 1.7 edition which I use to set my blackpoints.AP1.6.thumb.jpg.ae1d2c6c195dedaacf97cefb420e0ba4.jpgAP1.7.jpg.4e75dd4d614f1eaf9b84373db0392a65.jpg

Hello,
I have the same problem.
Must change with every new picture again.

Win7 HP 64 Bit, AMD Six-core 3.50 GHz, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti