You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Arrowheads

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, dogbone said:

I am just starting my first project after changing from Illu to AD. You really can't do any Arrowheads here? This is a joke, right? Without this feature I can stop right away... 

It’s arrived in the latest Beta.

Best regards!

Okay, thanks, I just saw it.

I have a problem with the Arrowheads. I make a circle, turn it into a ring and make a 90 degree segment out of it. Now I see only one arrow, because the other arrow is obviously at the "hidden" end. AD apparently does not recognize the circle segment as a complete element.

The point of this is that I have to measure angles.

segment.png

I think, the issue is a different one:

You are using a „Ring“, segmented, with an inner radius of 0 %. This means. you don’t have a simple circle, but simply a closed path. So you don’t „miss“ the arrowhead at the end. It is there, but  it is located exactly one the other one. You can verify this by using different arrow heads for start and end:

In short: I think, this behaviour is „by design“  and you will have to choose a different approach for you intention, fot example by converting the „Ring“ to curves and delete one of the overlying segments of the path.

• Staff
1 hour ago, dogbone said:

Okay, thanks, I just saw it.

I have a problem with the Arrowheads. I make a circle, turn it into a ring and make a 90 degree segment out of it. Now I see only one arrow, because the other arrow is obviously at the "hidden" end. AD apparently does not recognize the circle segment as a complete element.

The point of this is that I have to measure angles.

segment.png

Ah, I see what you've done! You've set the 'Hole radius' of a donut to be 100% and then expected to see one arrow at one end, and another arrow at the other - quite reasonable... But unfortunately you've actually got a filled, closed shape there which goes out and comes back along the same path, so you have got two arrowheads, but they are both in the same place. Hit convert to curves and inspect the results to see what I mean...

We should change our shape to produce an unclosed, single curve in this case, sorry...

EDIT: Edited to add this is exactly what mac_heibu said above - well done, sir! :)

Thanks a lot both of you! I see now exactly what the problem is.

Unfortunately I don't have the slightest plan how to get a bow segment with an arrow on each side.

Your answers "for example by converting the "Ring" to curves and delete one of the overlying segments of the path " and "We should change our shape to produce an unclosed, single curve in this case " don't help me. Can you please explain this to me?

Don’t use a donut/ring. Use a ‘pie’ instead.

562B9955-AF83-45CA-8E0D-FA41C8E02A48.jpeg.c31fb99c50c4cefb53d467a90df931cd.jpeg

When you convert to curves, the central point will become two overlapping nodes. Click to select one of those nodes, break the curve and then marquee-select the two nodes; deleting the two selected nodes will leave you with a circular arc:

0DC8BD72-02F8-45BB-B05B-30479564C44F.jpeg.f0b0f1c2ee932eebc7fdd2af52c9af66.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 years later...

Now it's 2021 and the Problem didn't change... It would be absolutely helpful to be able to switch off the Pie's inner lines. To have to convert the Pie to get rid of them is no acceptable solution.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.