You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem Opening DNG files in Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135

I have a problem with DNG files not opening correctly in Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135 but the same file opens ok in the latest customer beta. I have attached screenshots to show the problem. I have tried a complete uninstall/reinstall of version 1.6 to no avail. Can anybody help please. Thanks , Geoff Foote511129493_Ashampoo_Snap_05February2019_15h49m17s_004_.thumb.png.d25bd19dc0a6bca90eaf66f8a749840c.png1461090001_Ashampoo_Snap_05February2019_15h51m44s_005_.thumb.png.942fe32c8dcafb446a5f85669abeaa20.png

• Staff

Hi @footeg,

If the customer beta works fine(which is good news ), this means it will be fixed when the 1.7 will be released to the public. I'm afraid you would have to either use the beta for the meantime or wait until we release 1.7, as we will not be releasing any 1.6 patch updates before the 1.7 release. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thanks Gabe, I think I have just found the problem. The DNG files were originally CR3 files from my Canon EOS M50 converted using Adobe dngconverter. I set the preferences in the latter to embed fast load data. I have just tried reconverting without embedding this & the files open correctly in both programs. I am hoping  that, when version 1.7 is released, it will include support for CR3 files which are used by the EOS R as well as the M50. Do we have any idea of a release date yet? Once again thanks for your prompt response. Geoff

• 1 month later...