You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sponge Tool Photo 1.7 on windows 10

Hi

I want test the sponge tool  Photo 1.7  windows  for compare it with TSL,  paint with low saturation brush on saturation layers , ...

Sponge brush tool  have no any effect on the image when I tried to use them on the gray fill layer,or a transaparent layer,

Please, how use it.

Ok AlainP

I ' trying,  found a solution in  non destructive mode if possible, like a pixel layer in saturation mode, on the top

like the burn tool for example

Ok seems  is not possible !..?

oupss HSL ( sorry TSL is the french equivalent)

Thank for your answer

• Staff

You could try the following:

1. Add a new pixel layer
  2. Edit > Fill > Custom Colour > Click the colour swatch to the right
  3. Click the dropdown > Greyness > 50
  4. Now add a Blend Mode such as Soft Light or Vivid Light. 

You should be able to then non-destructively use the Sponge Tool. Try experimenting with the different Light Blend Modes. This is similar to doing a non-destructive edit with the Dodge/Burn Tools however you would use Overlay for that but Overlay doesn't work for the Sponge Tool.

Chris

I try  in these conditions, Dodge and Burn OK 

but impossible  to paint, with sponge tools, on the pixel layer

Test all  light mode... same thing  no action.. But OK destructive mode (on the layer)

idem with the last Beta 1.7.0.2031

Bug?

I agree with @Max P, it does not work. See attached video screencap

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

I swear this was working for me yesterday... but it isn't now.

I must have messed about with an Overlay blend mode or something first. Sorry :56_anguished: I can't seem to find another way of doing this for now. You can always dupe the image layer and use that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.