You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We can customise almost anything in Photo accept the order of adjustments, but that's the area we often use most. I adjust images in a certain order, Levels, Brightness, Shadows etc. In fact I have to waste time scrolling to get to Shadows. If we could arrange these like we can the toolbar it would be a great help to workflow.

Edited by basil@gografx.com
Typos

• Staff

Hi Basil,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If you are referring to the Adjustments panel in Photo Persona or to the Adjustments in Develop Persona?

Please consider changing your Forum username to something else to prevent spammers from harvesting your e-mail. To do it go here and set a new username or click your username in the top right of this forum's page, select Account Settings, click on the Display Name link on the left and change/set a new username (on the right).

• 1 year later...

I believe Basil is in the Photo Persona. This is where I would like to be able to modify the order of the adjustments. I do not even know what the Develop Persona is or how to use it. When I try to switch to it, I get a message about RGB. I do not wish to attempt to figure out what this is.

• Staff

Hi Bill Smyth,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You cannot change the order of the adjustments in the Adjustment panel however you can stack/order them as you wish in the Layers panel dragging them there to position them as you want (or even add them from there clicking the Adjustments button on the bottom of the Layers panel - mouse-over the buttons a few seconds for the tooltips appear so you can identify them). Each Adjustment or Live filter you add creates a new adjustment or live filter layer which can be edited anytime by double-clicking its thumbnail in the Layers panel. You can even group them all (for organization/order purposes) or alternatively nest or clip them to image/pixel layers in the order you want. Adjustment and Live filters nested (layer masking) or clipped (layer clipping) to image/pixels layers only affect the pixel/image layers they are nested/clipped to. Adjustments and Live filters placed as independent layers affect all layers below them.

I advise you to take a look at some of the video tutorials in our website in order to understand what's possible in Affinity Photo. If you have any specific questions let us know. The clip below shows where is the setting to change how the adjustment or filter will be added - as a child of the selected layer (nested) - or - as an independent layer (i've chosen independent layer), how to re-open them after you close their respective panel for re-adjustments, how to change their order in the layers stack (notice the horizontal blue bar position while i drag the layers - it must fill the whole panel width otherwise it will be clipped/nested to the layer above) and how to group them into a single folder (which you can copy/paste to other documents to keep the same exact adjustments/filters settings if you want) but there's a lot more things that i haven't not showed there. Please refer to the video tutorial in our website for more details.