You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

At least not in Indesign CS5, and I was delighted that Publisher has a feature for tableau printing:D! The absolute coronation would be even now, if horizontally and vertically different bleeds would be possible - including a rotation of the page (with suitable backgrounds) to keep the number of cuts low (works at corel draw) -> see screenshot

Z_TEST-Visitenkarten-Druck_Tableau.jpg

I haven't really played with n-up yet, but from these images it looks like a bleed area is being added in between the individual objects?

I would think that would be good in most cases, since having objects directly against each other and trying to cut accurately on the line is not always going to give clean results.

In this instance, with your particular background, rotating like that looks like it should work, so I'm definitely not opposed to the idea of having this as an option (it looks like it would work well in your case), but I do think the existing behavior seems like an optimal default, and the one I would hope for normally, so that is good to see.

Rotation only works if the bottom edge of the design is symmetrical about the horizontal centre.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Rotation only works if the bottom edge of the design is symmetrical about the horizontal centre.

Yeah, that sounds about right... and deeply enough into the bottom of the design to reasonably allow for cutting alignment error margins.

Also need to consider horizontal edges if removing the space between those.