You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Huion Tablet G10T Not Working Properly

Hello, I'm trying to use my Huion Tablet G10T in Affinity Designer but it does not work properly. The problem is that it has a lag or delay that does not let draw the stokes/lines well. Also when one moves something with the tablet Pen, it continues moving by itself without direction and no stopping (it stops only when I changed the pen for the mouse).
I recently changed the Driver for the last one available on the Huion website -HuionTablet_MacDriver_v14.3.10.181225 (beta)
I'm using: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
The Tablet works well in Illustrator and Photoshop, but not in Affinity Designer. Any suggestion?

The behavior of the pen has been inconsistent. There are times when lagging is more or less the same with the standard round brush. Today is better, not perfect but better than with the textures brushes.
Using the textures brushes with the mouse behaves better, although it also has a slight lagging.

I'm testing the Beta version now. When I'm in Vector persona the basic brushes work very well. When I try with brushes with textures, lagging returns. If I draw short lines it is usable, but if I try long lines the lagging increases to the point that the brush goes to the front as by an inch of difference from the current line.
Neither gives me control to use the pen to move things or to use properly the forms like the square, they continue moving once I get the shape where I want.
When I try brushes on Pixel persona, it is better and usable.

I had issues with another HUION and AP...  but all get solved, after i restart the WHOLE compi with disconnected HUION-cable. But i had general huion-issues - but however, maybe the "magic of restart" will help??? Try it! My workaround:

1. Close all huion (driver/setup). Disconnect huion cable.

2. Restart

3. Open/close AP

4. Connect huion (but first take care the pencil is wide away)

5. open huion-app (do your settings)

6. Start AP

----------------------

Same action helped for my XP-pen, in my girlfriend flat/compi. The XP had other issues--- but it seems, this last century windows95 "restart-magic" is for tablets still necessary, even on modern macs! 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Hello, Polygonius, even though I had already done several restarts and installed the new Huion driver with its settings, I decided to try your suggestion without much hope. To my surprise after doing everything you say, it began to work much better! Then I wanted to test if giving another restart the fix could be maintained. Unfortunately not, it showed a similar problem as before. I've done multiple restarts with modifications to see if I simplify the process, but I have nothing yet to be consistent - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. For now, I'm going to have to keep doing from point 1 to 6 every time I use the Huion tablet. Thanks for the help.

Hello kingbily, thank you very much for your time in trying to help me with this issue. I do not understand very well because of the technicalities that you mention (my bad) and I get confused when you mention "running Windows natively" because the problem is with my MacOs. I'm going to reread it tomorrow to see if I understand what you suggest better.