BluestarCK

[Cannot Reproduce] Affinity Photo crashes when using Nvidia card

Using a Dell Laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M. I recently updated the driver for the video card and now I get a Unhandled Exception error every time I try to open Affinity Photo I get this error and Photo closes and produces a error report. I tried resetting photo with holding Ctrl key down and resetting all items and no change also tried reinstalling Photo and no change. Not sure how to use my Nvidia card with this problem. 

17 minutes ago, BluestarCK said:

I recently updated the driver for the video card

Is downgrading the driver to the old version an option, until they release another driver you can try?

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

9 hours ago, BluestarCK said:

Using a Dell Laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M. I recently updated the driver for the video card and now I get a Unhandled Exception error every time I try to open Affinity Photo I get this error and Photo closes and produces a error report. I tried resetting photo with holding Ctrl key down and resetting all items and no change also tried reinstalling Photo and no change. Not sure how to use my Nvidia card with this problem. 

If you try uninstalling and then re-installing your graphics drivers (even the latest ones), you will find that probably fixes it.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:40 AM, Mark Ingram said:

If you try uninstalling and then re-installing your graphics drivers (even the latest ones), you will find that probably fixes it.

Thanks for that, I tried reinstalling the same Dell version of the driver and that did not work. I then went to the Nvidia website and downloaded the International version of the driver and that seemed to work, very strange. Anyway thanks for the tip.