Is there still no way to feather edges other than the limited options in gradient tool?

Is there a way to feather the edges of an object or pixel layer in Designer or Photo yet? I just want to, for example. fade the edges of a triangle in a way that follows the shape of the traingle. The only option I'm currently aware of is the limited options using the gradient tool/masking in photo or the transparency tool in Designer, which both only let you do a straight, radial, or conical gradient rather than feathering according to the edges of your object. This seems like a really simple thing? Is it not in the program or am I just missing it?

Do you need this to remain a vector graphic? The reason I ask is adding fx will rasterise the exported shape, so with that said, what about adding a Gaussian fx? 

Screen-Shot-2019-02-05-at-09-03-06.png

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Blur is an ok workaround for some cases but the radius is limited and it blurs the entire object so if there's something on the fill that you don't want blurred you have to do all sorts of extra steps duplicating and carefully adjusting things and making a stroke object or something so you can just to get a seamless transition to a blurry outline that can only be 100 pixels at most. 

Outer Shadow, or Outer Glow?

Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.8.5.703.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, Build 19042.610.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200.

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.

Create a shape a bit smaller than the object you want to feather. In the layers panel drag the shape slightly to the right of the photo. You can then apply a Gaussian blur to this mask and the bit within the mask doesn't get blurred. It's non-destructive and you can reshape/move the mask to suit. I use it all the time for feathering photos.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM