You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rough and pixelated edges of logo when export to PNG, PDF, JPEG

Hi,

I have spent hours trying to figure out why the edges on this logo when exported become rough & pixelated. The logo will be used for print & web - I have tried multiple Document Settings including; Type: Web - 1280 px by 800 px 72 DPI & 300 DPI, Type: Print - 2000px, 3000px - 300 DPI. All coming out distored, pixelated or with black lines. 

I have also tried to rasterize which didnt work. Is there something I am missing here? Document set up quality? I'm stuck! I just need clean crisp edges on the logo. 

I have attached images of Affinity view screen with 100% zoom along with image of exported PNG, PDF & JPG

Thanks! 

affinityview-logo.PNG

JPG-export.PNG

PDF-export.PNG

PNG-export.PNG

@Beck Affinity/Callum can give you a link to their dropbox if you don't want to upload your commercial work to a public forum.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hello, 

I have the same problem with my iPad Version of Affinity Photo. I've masked a pixel layer via a vector layer by dragging the pixel layer ontop of it, it's now a child of the vector layer. The edges look smooth and perfect in affinity photo on the iPad and also when I use the PSD Export. All ways (persona -> slice, File -> Export) to export a PNG-24 result in these strange edges. Almost looks like a bad PNG-8.

Thanks!

190205–md9xd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Was there any solution/update on this? Am experiencing the same thing in the new version of AP and not sure if it's my files or an issue with AP.

I have placed png files with transparent backgrounds into a Publisher document, no effects or rotations applied. For some reason, in whatever pdf export preset I use (for reference, have tried using 'flattener' as per solution in some threads on the forums, but no dice) I get jagged black lines appearing round the edges of the objects in the images. Sometimes the lines appear within the image, where the object in the shot meets the shadow (semi-opaque shadows in the png, though the pdf seems to be removing the opacity when exporting to pdf as look darker) and sometimes appears at the edges of the object where there is no shadow. I have attached a couple of images for reference - Publisher view at 100% on left, exported PDF at 100% on right.

Happy to provide png files to test via dropbox if needed.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-02-12 154331.png

Screenshot 2021-02-12 155414.png

Always the way isn't it that you search for hours for a solution and then as soon as you post something asking for help, the answer presents itself!

In case it helps anyone else, in my case it was Acrobat trying to smooth the images. I turned off 'Smooth line art' and 'Smooth images' options in the Acrobat settings and then everything displays as it should.