You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to Duplicate Pages in Publisher .227 Beta

I selected a page in my document, clicked on the Duplicate Selected Pages icon...nothing happened.  Then sometime later I found an "unselected page" duplicated.   But generally, it's not working.  However, when I right-click, presto!  Perfectly duplicated.

Is this button supposed to be working in this build?

8 minutes ago, occasionalpiece said:

I selected a page in my document,

How did you select it?

The button does work on Windows, and after selecting it the selected page's icon in the Pages panel has a blue border, and the page name is highlighted in blue.

But perhaps there is a problem in the Mac build.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

OK, thanks. Possibly a Mac-specific issue then as you seem to be using it correctly as far as I can tell.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Okay, so this morning it works, after shutting down the software all night.

Does the software "get tired"? (if that is such a thing).  I tried six ways to heaven to get that button to work yesterday, but no go.  This morning-- it's a yes.

Thanks for your help.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.