You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

100% color becomes CYMK???

I have created several blocks in a form: Some as 100% black, some are 100% Cyan and the same for Magenta and Yellow. In the form are some 4-color images as well. The color profile is set for CMYK for high end digital printing. When I create a PDF all the 100% items are converted to CMYK!! What?? So my black, for example, is now a 100% build of CMYK. How the heck do I create PDF's and keep items that are 100% at 100% in the PDF and a 4-color build??

James

It turns out the the specialized EPS file I am using is converting everything to CMYK. I have provided that file to the engineers at Serif. Once I deleted the EPS file everything worked fine. The EPS file is a specialized digital printing target. It’s only 4.5 megs but takes forever to place in Publisher and Designer. It’s a very weird file. However, that being said the file works without any issues with InDesign but has issues with Illustrator.

Thanks for your help!

Sky

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.