You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Straight lines 10x too thick?

This may well be user error but a search hasn't pointed me towards an answer. I have used an old Quark for the odd bits of DTP I do, for  many years.

Using last weeks update, I drew 2x 5cm parallel lines -2pt, to "highlight" some text. Displays correctly but prints like its 30pt and a dash looks like a string of sausages.

i

EDIT: THIS WAS USER ERROR- lines deleted and replaced and now print OK. I will try to recreate sometime.

3 hours ago, DavidDoesAffinity said:

-2pt,

How can a line be -2pt thick? Isn't 0pt the smallest width a line can have?

Can you show a screenshot including the context menu for one of the lines, and perhaps provide a .afpub file that demonstrates the problem?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

NOT minus 2 pt it was a badly placed dash.:( I will sort out some screenshots later with the main content removed

UPDATE - started from scratch and all OK- then removed and replaced original lines and all now OK. No idea what I had done wrong but will try to recreate when time permits.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.