You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Serif's History and longevity (The next Great thing)

If you are interested in where this company was and is going, here is a link that would be of interest to you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serif_Europe#History

On the surface, they appear to be very conservative and focused. Their small size probably lends itself to the lack of patience on the part of its users in that they can't develop their products fast enough.

They appear to be focused on those markets that afford them the greatest opportunity for growth while remaining in touch with what they do best. That makes good business sense to me!

Just like Adobe, there is no direct communication between them and their customers. Everything relies on forums. Being "Old School" I understand but question this wisdom. 

I'm an old guy! At their pace, I am not likely to see some really great innovations that are on the horizon but not forthcoming anytime soon. 

Regardless, I am happy to see "real" competition in this ever-expanding market.

• Staff
16 hours ago, Dennis Nisbet said:

Just like Adobe, there is no direct communication between them and their customers. Everything relies on forums. Being "Old School" I understand but question this wisdom. 

Hi Dennis Nisbet,
This is not correct. All staff members you see here on the forums (look at the badge below the avatars) are Serif employees from the Support and QA teams, Management & Developers teams, Marketing teams etc etc. You are talking directly with the people who work on the software.