You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Media Browser Missing

@MEB previously mentioned that it has been removed from the 1.7 versions of the Affinity applications:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I was never a friend of this old "media-browser", but it was better than having nothing! I never understand why is SERIF not taken the infos from finder and create a fast and effective "Just searcher/opener" - in enclouure to its "native DAM". A DAM is for most people a RAW-studio and should be a separte app. A bridge-like "media-browser" is not a really app, its a feature, BELONG to an app like AP:

Adobe Bridge is just an "special gift" for use in other "allowed" apps... "Adobe Lightroom" is an autark app for RAWdys...... SERIF seems not the see the difference between an necessary and and i would say "just a gift" "file-manager" and a rellay autark RAW-seperate-DAM or however called. 

An integrated "picture/file-manager" (semi-smart-Browser/reorganisator = Bridge) should be  available DIRECTLY  from inside the app... is not really standard, but it will common!

A special DAM (light adobe lightroom) is another address, a seperate app.... But yes, a a DAM_like-just-browser/opener/organizer... should be part as "from inside the app" panel... 

The 16 media-browswer was a very bad "transfer" of this idea... but however, it was a little bit better than NOTHING!!! This is really a re-gress. To "ask" stock-www - this is possible, but to ask your finder/explorer... for folder, file-extension or some tags???? this ois too difficault? 

As soon there is no "perfect" Media-Browser, just do it like the STOCKS... Just present us our folders/tags... as far as possible. However keep in the BG work on a really DAM. But decide: THere is bridge (which should contain to the app as a GIFT) and threeis Lightroom (as real SEPARTE app). 

HOWEVER: in the meanwhile: Take your experinces from STOCHK and transform to "finder/Explorer"!  This is an im-perfect interim-solution, but better 1000x than absoluytly nothing!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

I was never a friend of this old "media-browser", but it was better than having nothing! I never understand why is SERIF not taken the infos from finder and create a fast and effective "Just searcher/opener" - in enclouure to its "native DAM". A DAM is for most people a RAW-studio and should be a separte app. A bridge-like "media-browser" is not a really app, its a feature, BELONG to an app like AP:

Adobe Bridge is just an "special gift" for use in other "allowed" apps... "Adobe Lightroom" is an autark app for RAWdys...... SERIF seems not the see the difference between an necessary and and i would say "just a gift" "file-manager" and a rellay autark RAW-seperate-DAM or however called. 

An integrated "picture/file-manager" (semi-smart-Browser/reorganisator = Bridge) should be  available DIRECTLY  from inside the app... is not really standard, but it will common!

A special DAM (light adobe lightroom) is another address, a seperate app.... But yes, a a DAM_like-just-browser/opener/organizer... should be part as "from inside the app" panel... 

The 16 media-browswer was a very bad "transfer" of this idea... but however, it was a little bit better than NOTHING!!! This is really a re-gress. To "ask" stock-www - this is possible, but to ask your finder/explorer... for folder, file-extension or some tags???? this ois too difficault? 

Course, there is no "perfect" Media-Browser as fast--shot! , just do it like the STOCKS... Just present us our folders/tags... as far as possible. However keep in the BG work on a really DAM. But decide: THere is bridge (which should contain to the app as a GIFT) and threeis Lightroom (as real SEPARTE app). 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

9 hours ago, Polygonius said:

I never understand why is SERIF not taken the infos from finder and create a fast and effective "Just searcher/opener" - in enclouure to its "native DAM". A DAM is for most people a RAW-studio and should be a separte app. A bridge-like "media-browser" is not a really app, its a feature, BELONG to an app like AP

As DAM I use Aperture (Apple) or the GraphicConverter (Lemkesoft). But you're right, a media browser would be helpful for smooth working and quick access without having to change the apps. Maybe Serif will add the media browser again later? It would be possible.

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• 7 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.