Sign in to follow this  
md_berlin

Media Browser Missing

@MEB previously mentioned that it has been removed from the 1.7 versions of the Affinity applications:

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

I was never a friend of this old "media-browser", but it was better than having nothing! I never understand why is SERIF not taken the infos from finder and create a fast and effective "Just searcher/opener" - in enclouure to its "native DAM". A DAM is for most people a RAW-studio and should be a separte app. A bridge-like "media-browser" is not a really app, its a feature, BELONG to an app like AP:

Adobe Bridge is just an "special gift" for use in other "allowed" apps... "Adobe Lightroom" is an autark app for RAWdys...... SERIF seems not the see the difference between an necessary and and i would say "just a gift" "file-manager" and a rellay autark RAW-seperate-DAM or however called. 

An integrated "picture/file-manager" (semi-smart-Browser/reorganisator = Bridge) should be  available DIRECTLY  from inside the app... is not really standard, but it will common!

A special DAM (light adobe lightroom) is another address, a seperate app.... But yes, a a DAM_like-just-browser/opener/organizer... should be part as "from inside the app" panel... 

The 16 media-browswer was a very bad "transfer" of this idea... but however, it was a little bit better than NOTHING!!! This is really a re-gress. To "ask" stock-www - this is possible, but to ask your finder/explorer... for folder, file-extension or some tags???? this ois too difficault? 

As soon there is no "perfect" Media-Browser, just do it like the STOCKS... Just present us our folders/tags... as far as possible. However keep in the BG work on a really DAM. But decide: THere is bridge (which should contain to the app as a GIFT) and threeis Lightroom (as real SEPARTE app). 

HOWEVER: in the meanwhile: Take your experinces from STOCHK and transform to "finder/Explorer"!  This is an im-perfect interim-solution, but better 1000x than absoluytly nothing!

OSX 10.13.5  / iMac Retina 27" / AMD Radeon R9 M380 / Metall: on!

I was never a friend of this old "media-browser", but it was better than having nothing! I never understand why is SERIF not taken the infos from finder and create a fast and effective "Just searcher/opener" - in enclouure to its "native DAM". A DAM is for most people a RAW-studio and should be a separte app. A bridge-like "media-browser" is not a really app, its a feature, BELONG to an app like AP:

Adobe Bridge is just an "special gift" for use in other "allowed" apps... "Adobe Lightroom" is an autark app for RAWdys...... SERIF seems not the see the difference between an necessary and and i would say "just a gift" "file-manager" and a rellay autark RAW-seperate-DAM or however called. 

An integrated "picture/file-manager" (semi-smart-Browser/reorganisator = Bridge) should be  available DIRECTLY  from inside the app... is not really standard, but it will common!

A special DAM (light adobe lightroom) is another address, a seperate app.... But yes, a a DAM_like-just-browser/opener/organizer... should be part as "from inside the app" panel... 

The 16 media-browswer was a very bad "transfer" of this idea... but however, it was a little bit better than NOTHING!!! This is really a re-gress. To "ask" stock-www - this is possible, but to ask your finder/explorer... for folder, file-extension or some tags???? this ois too difficault? 

Course, there is no "perfect" Media-Browser as fast--shot! , just do it like the STOCKS... Just present us our folders/tags... as far as possible. However keep in the BG work on a really DAM. But decide: THere is bridge (which should contain to the app as a GIFT) and threeis Lightroom (as real SEPARTE app). 

OSX 10.13.5  / iMac Retina 27" / AMD Radeon R9 M380 / Metall: on!

9 hours ago, Polygonius said:

I never understand why is SERIF not taken the infos from finder and create a fast and effective "Just searcher/opener" - in enclouure to its "native DAM". A DAM is for most people a RAW-studio and should be a separte app. A bridge-like "media-browser" is not a really app, its a feature, BELONG to an app like AP

As DAM I use Aperture (Apple) or the GraphicConverter (Lemkesoft). But you're right, a media browser would be helpful for smooth working and quick access without having to change the apps. Maybe Serif will add the media browser again later? It would be possible.

(iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave)