You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

warping the shape selected in photo

Hi, I have a photograph, I've selected the object I want and copied into another document. I need to now change it's shape, it's a circle and I want a Dahli melting clock type of feel. Can anyone help please. I can't use a shape and the nodes in Designer because its a photograph- unless I can export that circle to Design and do a bot of shape changing there?

Also I want to fill a circle with an image, which is a photo. Photo is rectangular. Don't mind loosing some, or happy for some funky warping here too.

Thank you for any assistance. 

Welcome to the forum @avis Do you have Affinity Designer and/or Affinity Photo? 

In Affinity Photo you can use the mesh warp tool.

In Affinity Designer I think you'll be struggling to get what you want without making it manually as a vector.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi First Defence, and hello Nottingham- I was born in Derby area. Thank you for your response- I have both Designer and Photo...I was eying up the mesh warp tool, had a bit of a go with it, messed up, backed off. I'll go at it again now I know this is my way forwards. Thank you.

And the photo contents into my circle? I'm making a planet....

Thanks again

1 minute ago, avis said:

And the photo contents into my circle? I'm making a planet....

Take a look at the smudge tool (B) as well. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi avis,

If your using AP you can take your image into the Liquify persona and just push the pixels with the Liquify push forward tool (See screen grab below.)

A quick way to get a photo into a shape is to copy the photo then select your chosen shape, go to: Edit>Paste inside.  

melted clock .PNG

Fun sounds good! It is potentially very exciting once I'm doing a bit less stumbling around. A quick question please- my circle shape that I want to put my photo inside...how do I get a circle onto there?  You said to detect my chosen shape- how do I do that please? 

Thank you for confidence building, Avis

Hi avis,

The Shapes option is near the bottom of the editing tools (see image below), click on the white arrow to expand for more shapes, then just drag out on your page. You can right click and copy a photo anywhere on your computer and when the shape is selected and you choose 'Paste Inside' it will clip the photo to the shape,  it will need some moving around to get photo in the right place.

shapes.jpg

Should also add, if you are going to take the shape with the photo inside it into the Liquify Persona, you will need to rasterise it first to change it into a pixel layer, just right click on your clipped image in the layers for the Rasterise option.