You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sundown at Hai-Van-Pass (Da Nang to Hue)

MarcBr

I like that.

If I had done it I probably would have forgot to add that island shadow on the water.  A nice touch to add to the realism

You also inspired me to turn "night" into day. If just to get a little more detail from the mountains in the rear

beach5.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

I like that.

Thank you!

If I had done it I probably would have forgot to add that island shadow on the water.  A nice touch to add to the realism

To be honest, in my first attempt I forgot it too, but it drove me that crazy so added it in a second step ;)

You also inspired me to turn "night" into day. If just to get a little more detail from the mountains in the rear

What did you do to get more detail in the washed out mountains in your edit?
By the way, those birds / seagulls are a nice detail, will consider it for a future edit of another seascape.

One thing that jumped into my eyes: your horizon & clouds are positioned too low (check the mountain layer behind the mountains).

Cheers and thanks for some inspiration :)

Yes, I noticed the horizon was wrong when I was placing the new sky layer but I got distracted by the plain blue sky and went looking for some birds and stuff to break it up a bit and forgot to come back to correct the horizon. The details in the washed out mountains is just a composite from another image.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

7 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

Not sure about the contrails though.

Indeed, if this was a real photograph, someone would probably be on a forum somewhere asking how to get rid of them. xD

Personally I just thought that sky was too perfect/plain and I did not want to do my usual thing of just adding some clouds to it.