You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Repeating shape on a circular path.

Typo at 50s: “Duplicate you shape” instead of “Duplicate your shape”. And at 1m: “ammount” instead of “amount”.

Also at 1m, you say “divide 360 by the number of shapes you want”, but instead of calculating 360/12 yourself and typing in 30 (as shown in the video) you can simply type in 360/12 and let the app do the calculation for you. This is particularly valuable for cases where 360 isn’t exactly divisible by the number of shapes.

Oh, and while I’m here: “Thank you for Watching” doesn’t need (read: shouldn’t have) a capital W.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Alfred, I really appreciate the feedback and corrections, however I don't think I can update the video on youtube without deleting it(not sure since I am pretty new to this). I will make sure I proofread my text instructions better in future videos.

BTW I love Scotland, I lived in Glasgow in the early 2000s for a year.

Thanks @Pariah73 . To be honest I can't think of an easy way to do what you are asking. The only way I can think of is after you complete the method shown at the tutorial uncheck the Show Rotation Center button and then select them one by one and set their rotation to 0 degrees in the Transform panel. If the duplicates are not many it is doable, but if there are too many duplicates it will be a nightmare.

9 minutes ago, kx08 said:

Thanks @Pariah73 . To be honest I can't think of an easy way to do what you are asking. The only way I can think of is after you complete the method shown at the tutorial uncheck the Show Rotation Center button and then select them one by one and set their rotation to 0 degrees in the Transform panel. If the duplicates are not many it is doable, but if there are too many duplicates it will be a nightmare.

hmm yes it would indeed be a nightmare if there were many lol