You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

change images?

Hi, in a folder with images, which are set into a publication, this images are restored with other colors (same names). After that, APu worked pic by pic (a column right runs up). But it does not show the new images. How to do that, please: restore all new pics in the book? Thanks, lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

No Video, sorry, Sean. If I make a book, there is a folder with all images coming say out of Capture1. Then I see this pics are not ok, may be the color... what ever. They will corrected.

So, if really images are linked (and not embedded) to the APu file and I delete all the images in the source folder, stop APu and copy all new into the folder, start APu again, it should be clear that now the book shows the new images. But it is not.

There is (only if select an image?) the button: replace image. This one I would like as: replace all. 

Thanks, lars

43 minutes ago, larsh said:

I would like as: replace all. 

Yes, me too!

It would be very useful not only when image files have changed but also for altered  folder names or file paths.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

@fde101, do you know where I can find an option like "replace all" when, for instance, files path changed? I only discovered a pref for auto-update, which, indeed should solve one part of lars' issue:

952766639_auto-updateimages.jpg.c5734d062981257311a7fc690194ee36.jpg

• Staff
1 hour ago, larsh said:

There is (only if select an image?) the button: replace image. This one I would like as: replace all. 

Thanks, lars

Turns out the 'Update' button also works with all selected images, so you can just sort by Status: Modified and then select all the appropriate images and click 'Replace'.

18 minutes ago, Sean P said:

'Replace' button also works with all selected images

Doesn't work here: When I select in Recource Manager more than only 1 missing file then the button "Replace" becomes grayed out (and all 3 other buttons, too).

• Staff
5 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Doesn't work here: When I select in Recource Manager more than only 1 missing file then the button "Replace" becomes grayed out (and all 3 other buttons, too).

In my post above I meant the 'Update' button functions with multiple selections (now edited to correct). I will question the Replace button behaviour with development. When a document is opened and missing files are detected you are asked if you want to locate them, at which point it has intelligent behaviour to locate similar missing images (i.e those that might share the same path), so I don't think it will be too complicated to bring that behaviour to the Resource Manager dialog.

Hi, 1. it is not possible to mark more than one image, if I see it right. Once I gave new pics into the folder, there starts a column of symbols with the names of the pics automatic and seems to read every pic; but it is not to see in the pages with the images. And I think the PDF does not show the new one (but I´m not shure about this point, can´t test it now).

2. It is said above, the hoke in the references does not work, i found it too, not suddenly, not after a newstart of APu. 

3. There happens nothing, if images are deleted; the old mirrored image is seen, so no information about the problem is told (may be in the PDF they are missing). 

4. The question: if one will locate missing files comes nearly every newstart of a AFPUB, it has no function, I think. Say NO and nothing will happen, the known files are included. There is one more problem: if one say: YES, one must locate every image itself; here should be asked: would you locate the folder.

For my work – it is not a bussiness one – creating workbooks with photographies, the last had 230 pages and one image per page, it is ok, really to read the images new if Apu is new started. If all pics are new or some of them doesn´t matter then. My test projekt today has 30 pages, and the AFPUB has 150 MB; so I think it includes the pics, but the setting in the document setup say: prefer linked. 

Bye, lars

@Lars, du hast vermutlich die Auto-Update-Option in den Programm-Prefs nicht aktiviert, richtig?

Funktioniert es, wenn du Auto-Update aktivierst?

Bei mir macht APub dann live-Updates, sobald ein Bild geändert wurde. Ich erhalte auf dem Monitor für jede geänderte Datei ein Benachrichtungsfenster. Es ist nicht nötig, das Dokument oder das Programm neu zu starten oder den Resource Manager zu öffnen.

@Lars, you probably did not enable the auto-update option in the program prefs, right? - Does it work when you enable Auto Update?
For me APub then makes live updates as soon as a picture has been changed. I get a notification window on the monitor for each changed file. It is not necessary to re-open the document or program.

Hi, Thomas, yes I have, since you told about above. All I spook about in my last post happened with auto-update. And I had restarts several times. lars (Dank fürs Deutsch, aber es inspiriert mich, mich hier höflich allen verständlich zu machen, so weit es denn geht. Es sind fast 60 Jahre seit meinem letzten, nur bescheidenen Englisch-Unterricht und ich brauchte nie mehr als Frühstück bestellen...)

Hi, a last point: it seems to me that in the APu settings on my Mac may be something fixed. Things happening when I started with my new test, are not activ now. I even restarted the Mac itself, nothing changed. It´s a Beta, so I will wait. Regards, lars

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.