Holix

Document with Embed file won't open

Hello Everyone, it's my first time posting here. 

I've been working on an illustration in Affinity Designer for two weeks. It's an illustration with an embed .SVG file, a dot pattern. What happened is, that I was editing that embed file while I closed the Affinity Designer. When I jumped back in and tried to open the file with the illustration I've got the error message: Loading Failed, Unable to load document. Now the thumbnail of the file is only showing the .SVG embed file and not the illustration. When I try to save the document, it crashes the Affinity Designer. This post is really my last resort. Is there anything I could do to save this situation? Thank you.

IMG_ED21C7BB49D1-1.jpeg

IMG_DBCCB5C89079-1.jpeg

Hi @Holix,

Welcome to the forums. 

Try this:

Hold your finger on that project file until it flashes so you can move it around. drag it from that position, and with the finger still on the screen, drag from the bottom with another finger, open the Files App and drop it into a folder here. See if that works. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hello @GabrielM,

Thank you for the reply. Sadly it doesn't work. A pop-up window will appear with import progress but it disappear with no progress done and also crashes the Affinity Designer.

Is there anything else I could try?

Thank you, David

You can try to connect the iPad to your Mac. Open iTunes, click on the iPad icon in the top left, by the Music dropdown. Go to File Sharing > Designer > and look for a folder called "inbox". If Drag-drop it on your desktop and see if you can find your files in there. If not, I'm, afraid they are gone.