You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

WorkFlow Organization: Better way to setup Layer Colors ???

Hello Peoples, Hello Team !

Well today i want to raise a point that we often skip as we move on to more cool and nice Affinity stuffs and that point is: Layer color setup !

Yes often want to make better organization of our layers and marking them with appropriated colors (personal way to code this and that) is often what we tend to do but !

The actual way to do that is a bit of ... not as bad but ... too long and too burried/hidden : Right Click on the layer - scroll down to properties then proceed !

Now let's think of it in a different way. (that's the purpose of this suggestion).

I believe that putting a clickable square or round button in front of the layer (blank in the beginning) that we can just click to reveal the same drop down thing which i think should eventually show more options than just color and name). After we do what necessary, that button or square thing would then switch from its blank/empty display to the selected color and the layer name would also update when we close it by clicking out of that drop down stuff. 
Being able to lock it should be great too !

Also i see that function to mark a layer with a color is missing on APhoto (recent beta) while it is something important.
Well that what i drop here as suggestion and i believe some other have though or asked the same.

Please guys may you think this is important or just useful please drop your comment with more details or even a drawing of how you think it could look like (to help the dev team) or just click and like this topic.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

18 hours ago, Uncle Mez said:

Right Click on the layer - scroll down to properties then proceed !

I don't see that in either Photo or Designer on Windows. Is that a Mac-specific function?

Never mind, I found it. It's only for non-pixel layers added via the Layers panel or Layer > New Layer and only in Designer.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4