You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving selected nodes and unconverted shapes at the same time

Here's a situation I've come up against a few times of late and thought I'd share it here. See images attached. 

I select a few nodes on a larger shape to move in node mode but I also want to move some unconverted shapes that fall within the selected nodes. In other words I want to move wheel well nodes of the car shape with a couple of unconverted shapes, the 3 circles representing the hubcap and rim inside the tire shape in my example - in one move. There are times when I'd like to be able to do this kind of thing.

Currently I option (lasso) drag just the nodes I want and if I surround the other unconverted shapes as I select those nodes, the unconverted circle shapes appear to be selected but they will not move. I guess I'd like an option to be able to maybe shift select those unconverted shapes to include them in the move...

there was another example where I wanted to extend the cars hood (bonnet) and grabbed the appropriate nodes but some of the shapes I wanted to include in the move were unconverted shapes (license plate and grill) and didn't come along with the move...

I can just convert everything but I like to leave certain shapes unconverted in case I need to make adjustments.

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 10.36.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 10.36.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 10.37.11 AM.png

• Staff

Hi retrograde :)

I've tried this in both live and 1.7 beta and it's not currently possible to move shapes and nodes at the same time, as you've mentioned you'll need to convert to curves to use this workflow.

For this reason, I've moved this thread to feature requests for our devs to see and consider adding in a future update!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!