You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pub BUG: Random Caps caps Caps

For the first time I tried typing an entire page in Publisher rather than importing and editing. I found that the program randomly inserts Capitalized words, (just the first letter). I first noticed several of these after the fact and though it was typing errors, but I watched the screen closely, and as I typed the phrase "several times a day" I saw the lower case d change to a capital D a split second after I typed it.

31 minutes ago, jasonhuck said:

I can confirm this has been happening to me the last few days.

2 hours ago, moonliner said:

For the first time I tried typing an entire page in Publisher rather than importing and editing. 

Turn off the 'Capitalize first letter of sentences' in Preferences > Auto Correct. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 minute ago, Old Bruce said:

Turn off the 'Capitalize first letter of sentences' in Preferences > Auto Correct. 

That might keep it from happening, but if so, there's still a problem, because it's Capitalizing every few words right in the Middle of sentences for no Obvious reason that I can see. :)

• Staff
15 minutes ago, jasonhuck said:

That might keep it from happening, but if so, there's still a problem, because it's Capitalizing every few words right in the Middle of sentences for no Obvious reason that I can see. :)

This is an acknowledged bug that has been fixed in the next customer beta build. Thanks for the report.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

4 minutes ago, occasionalpiece said:

Just wanted to add my .02: I also see random capitalization.  Both times have been after punctuation (comma) or after a fraction (1/2).  Wondering if those trigger a capitalization?

Or a Single letter... I Mean after a Single... I Give up.

That was how I found out about it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Confirm, but it's not as random for me as I thought. For example, every time I type in a text box the letter (capital) "I" (eye) followed by another word, the word after "I" is capitalized. Example "I Had a great time", "Funny that, I Don't like that type of sandwich"

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.