moonliner

Pub BUG: Random Caps caps Caps

For the first time I tried typing an entire page in Publisher rather than importing and editing. I found that the program randomly inserts Capitalized words, (just the first letter). I first noticed several of these after the fact and though it was typing errors, but I watched the screen closely, and as I typed the phrase "several times a day" I saw the lower case d change to a capital D a split second after I typed it.

I can confirm this has been happening to me the last few days.

The document I'm working on contains a lot of objects imported from other sources. Mostly PDFs generated from Sketch, in case that's a clue.

31 minutes ago, jasonhuck said:

I can confirm this has been happening to me the last few days.

2 hours ago, moonliner said:

For the first time I tried typing an entire page in Publisher rather than importing and editing. 

Turn off the 'Capitalize first letter of sentences' in Preferences > Auto Correct. 

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.499

1 minute ago, Old Bruce said:

Turn off the 'Capitalize first letter of sentences' in Preferences > Auto Correct. 

That might keep it from happening, but if so, there's still a problem, because it's Capitalizing every few words right in the Middle of sentences for no Obvious reason that I can see. :)

15 minutes ago, jasonhuck said:

That might keep it from happening, but if so, there's still a problem, because it's Capitalizing every few words right in the Middle of sentences for no Obvious reason that I can see. :)

This is an acknowledged bug that has been fixed in the next customer beta build. Thanks for the report.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Just wanted to add my .02: I also see random capitalization.  Both times have been after punctuation (comma) or after a fraction (1/2).  Wondering if those trigger a capitalization?

4 minutes ago, occasionalpiece said:

Just wanted to add my .02: I also see random capitalization.  Both times have been after punctuation (comma) or after a fraction (1/2).  Wondering if those trigger a capitalization?

Or a Single letter... I Mean after a Single... I Give up.

That was how I found out about it.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.499

Looks like they are aware and fixing it with next update. Today I was typing a hyphenated double word and the capital appeared on the first word when I started typing the second!

Confirm, but it's not as random for me as I thought. For example, every time I type in a text box the letter (capital) "I" (eye) followed by another word, the word after "I" is capitalized. Example "I Had a great time", "Funny that, I Don't like that type of sandwich"