You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AF and Nik collection

On 2/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, Patrice Prats said:

Hello,

Why, in AF beta, can I no longer integrate the suite Nik collection as a module, while it is saved on my hard drive?

Regards, Puck

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

This is a copy of my recent posting to the thread linked to above. Note that I am a Windows 10 user!

I have been using the DxO Nik plugins with the 1.7 beta and they work fine. The Topaz plugins, including Topaz Studio also work fine. 

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

On 2/5/2019 at 1:01 PM, MEB said:

Hi Patrice Prats,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I'm assuming you are using a Mac. Affinity Photo Customer Beta 1.7 is now built using Xcode 10 which changes the way a few things work. DxO will have to update the plugin so it becomes compatible with apps built using Xcode 10.

Hi Meb, 

Xcode 10 or not, you should make sure that the "additional software" like the NIK filters, which has already been bought at a high price by many, is still compatible. I don't know anything about programming, but I think the rewriting of the program happens because of more future functions. We all appreciate that - but obviously, many experienced AFP users are not as satisfied with 1.7 as you would like it to be. You have to take that into account. Instead of creating only a - required - bugfix of AFP 1.6.7, rewriting the software is a risky step. Some filters have been rewritten so that they are no longer useful in my case (e.G. Denoise, Clarity) - but I'm not the only one complaining about that. 

Best regards, Puck (still a fan!)

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.