You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Application frame for separated mode?

I tend to use the Affinity apps in separated mode on the Mac to gain more flexibility when working with multiple documents vs. the default tabbed setup that only allows me to view one document at a time. There's an issue in separated mode that documents sometimes open with their title bar placed right behind the interface elements, requiring the user to hide the UI to be able to reposition the window.

Also there seems to be no way to display the status bar in separated mode right now. This one:

affinity_snap.jpg.b1773fc595e23a8975d4b94ed0daf456.jpg

Therefore - have you considered adding an application window as a background to that mode like Photoshop does it? It avoids having the interface consist of just a bunch of floating elements directly on the desktop with the visual background clutter that this tends to lead to and the issue that the interface vanishes as soon as the app loses focus, leaving only document windows visible.

(same goes for Designer)

I generally LIKE that there is no application window and I can interact with Finder and other apps easily. That said, I really like the option to have grey background in PS by pressing F. So, it would be better to have more display modes. Fullscreen mode is almost like it but it has its own complications.