You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It's really not necessary to add "Filter…" after the name of each filter. We already know that they are Filters, as we selected Filter from the parent menu... The same applies to the Live Filter pop-up menu on the Layers Studio panel. I posted about this for Adjustments as well a while back and it was cleaned up... it would be great to do the same for Filters...

Thanks for all you do!

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 4.02.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 4.05.30 PM.png

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Yup, I remember the early days... i just noticed you joined the forum 2 days after me in Oct 2014... we’re old timers here lol

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

Well if the main menu category already says "Filter" I agree it's pretty clear those are supposed to be filters then. - Related to "..." it's always good practice and a common indication for a menu entry behavior that will popup a related panel then. So usually all menu entries which do have some associated popup setting panels as operation should have those (...), only those entries without any popup panel related action shouldn't have this. - When ever I see a menu entry with "Some action ..." I would expect a settings panel popup being behind that menu action, since it's an indication for that.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 2/3/2019 at 8:47 PM, v_kyr said:

Well if the main menu category already says "Filter" I agree it's pretty clear those are supposed to be filters then. - Related to "..." it's always good practice and a common indication for a menu entry behavior that will popup a related panel then. So usually all menu entries which do have some associated popup setting panels as operation should have those (...), only those entries without any popup panel related action shouldn't have this. - When ever I see a menu entry with "Some action ..." I would expect a settings panel popup being behind that menu action, since it's an indication for that.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:00 AM, Chris B said:

I'll pass this on for you as I can't see an official log for it. It probably could do with tidying up :3_grin:

Thanks Chris and also do include @v_kyrs eagle-eyed observation, as that’s a part of Apple’s UI guidelines: The Ellipsis (...) indicates another dialogue/panel/window will open up before the selected command is executed. Thanks for all you do!

I'll pass this on for you as I can't see an official log for it. It probably could do with tidying up :3_grin:

That was FAST @Chris B

Love it how you guys are super responsive! 

Chris working with the latest beta APH 1.7.110 :

1. The redundant "Filter" label wasn't removed from the Live Filters pop-up menu in the Layers studio....

2. Also, that same pop-up menu is missing the Ellipsis (…) after the filters displaying a follow-up dialogue/window/panel...

4 hours ago, ronnyb said:

The redundant "Filter" label wasn't removed from the Live Filters pop-up menu in the Layers studio....

That menu does not have a textual label so keeping that will help to clarify them to someone who stumbles on the menu; I would argue that it makes more sense to keep them on that menu.

4 hours ago, ronnyb said:

Also, that same pop-up menu is missing the Ellipsis (…) after the filters displaying a follow-up dialogue/window/panel...

Agree, those should really be added.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.