You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with macro

Since I upgraded my beta from 1.6.5 to 1.7.0.x, I have a problem with a macro which I use to create a frame+copyright text around my pictures. The final 2 steps of the macro is a self-made "picture brush" with my copyright text. This picture brush doesnt work any more, it simply doesnt appear in my pics. I re-created the final 2 steps of the macro and it worked again, but after re-starting affinity it again doesnt work.

Is this a known isue? I could provide the macro + picture brush, if needed.

Btw: Is there a way to erase single steps within a macro or to re-arrange the order of the single steps of a macro to fine-tune it? Couldnt find this option so far. If the answer is no, please put that on a wish-list. :-)

• Staff

Hey Tschens,

We've seen a few issues where a macro will stop working correctly when you restart the app. Your best bet is to attach it so we can take a peek at it. 

You can only leave a step out by unchecking it—you can't rearrange macro steps at the moment. 

Ok, here is the whole package (brushes, macros, example pics [pre & post]). The macros only work correctly if the layer is named "Hintergrund". The macro called "Jens Hartmann Photography 1.7" works for landscape format, the "Jens Tangerine V.1.7 hochformat" for vertical format. The third one produces only the frame, without text. However, since Version 1.7., all 3 produce only the frame without any text.

Thx for your help.

Btw: Any idea how I can get the macro to work independently from the layer name?

Affinity Macro Bug.zip

• Staff

Hey Tschens,

Thanks for the files.

I'm not quite sure what has gone wrong here if I'm honest. I'm going to poke it a bit more but it will likely get passed to the developers. We should be retaining functionality with 1.6 macros when used in 1.7. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2019 at 7:29 AM, Tschens said:

Btw: Is there a way to erase single steps within a macro or to re-arrange the order of the single steps of a macro to fine-tune it?

I, too, would also like to see this functionality.

What I do: Document design/typesetting; Stock photo images; Digital art | Apps I use: Publisher, Photo, Designer | My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U; 16.0GB RAM; Win 10 Home (21H2)

• 2 weeks later...

The macros environment seems to have been implemented to satisfy a marketing checkmark ("yes, we have it"). Unfortunately, by the struggle of the Affinity development team to avoid breaking everything while writing new code (they have a serious quality problem), I would keep my hopes very low when it comes to expecting for new meaningful features...

• 1 month later...

Bump. The final version of Affinity Photo 1.7 is the first one where I can see a very slight text when I use the above posted macro. However, we are still far away from the original look in versions 1.6.x. Is there any chance to get the old 1.6 macros working in 1.7 or should we start to re-work them with 1.7?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.