You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It would also be nice to have lines with dot ends in Designer when identifying specific parts/areas of technical and medical diagrams. In the image below, I had to individually place dots at the end of each line, which is tedious and counterproductive for something that should be simple.

Eye anatomy_small.jpg

10 hours ago, Ballyshannon said:

It would also be nice to have lines with dot ends in Designer when identifying specific parts/areas of technical and medical diagrams. In the image below, I had to individually place dots at the end of each line, which is tedious and counterproductive for something that should be simple.

Eye anatomy_small.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, when this topic came up yet again, I spent some time using Inkscape to make arrows, and other stroke markers. When I exported .svg files of various kinds, Designer was not rendering the the markers. Chrome and Safari rendered them in different ways. My supposition at the time was that there were various ways to align the markers reference box perpendicular to the line slope. So, maybe it was not an exactly trivial problem.

I would suppose at this point, any number of markers could be used. 

Nice eye diagram, btw.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

12 hours ago, Ballyshannon said:

In the image below, I had to individually place dots at the end of each line, which is tedious and counterproductive for something that should be simple.

Until such time that we get support for lines with end types, a possible workaround for this is to use the Arrow Tool with these settings:
1598870331_circleendcap.jpg.cf5394a5d4bfff50106533d15827e82b.jpg

I did not realize until I started experimenting with it that the "Proportional" checkbox preserves the shape of the end cap when the length of the shape is changed. One drawback to this is to change the length on the canvas will probably require zooming in quite a bit so the center end control handles appear.

On the plus side I tested exporting this lame callout example.afdesign file to svg using both the 'for export' & 'for web' presets, & both svg files open in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, & Opera browsers correctly, & open with all layers in tact in Affinity.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

@R C-R: I'm pretty new to Designer and wasn't aware of the arrow tool, but found it. That's perfect for my needs. Appreciate it.

@gdenby: Thanks! That was one of the first projects attempted after getting Designer three months ago. Interesting that your info indicates you're in the Michiana area, which is my neck of the woods. I'm originally from Elkhart, IN and still have family there and South Bend.

I know this isn't ideal, but could you not create paths with dots and then group them and make an asset out of them until such time as designer ends are added.

Arrow.afassets

608499888_ScreenShot2019-02-06at20_05_02.png.bf2be29309d906eac653ad3082c99637.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions