You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

is it now possible to open indd files?

Hello!

I read posts in this forum of august 2018 saying that it was not possible to open indeed files with AfPublisher.

Is this still like that? I tried with the beta version and it didn't work. Is this a topic for the further development of the program? This would be really nice! Thanks for any comment on this!

• 7 months later...

It would be a nice feature to have and, if possible, would boost Publisher's user base substantially, but I see no reason why Affinity should prioritise making a propriety product from another company compatible with their own. PDF compatibility is a bit different as it is so widely used across the print industry, Affinity would ignore it at their peril.

Personally, I'd much rather see Affinity getting the issues with layers, multi-page layouts, inserting with bleeds, etc sorted out first.

But this question keeps cropping up.

Not that I personally mind resurrecting old threads (it doesn’t bother me as it does some). But I just note that the question was asked in February and no one answered until today. The original poster never posted again, and at this time no one is following this thread, so I think it is quite possible that the original poster has moved on and may never see our responses.

For the rest, my preference is to keep the discussion to the main (pinned) thread so it is easier to keep up with what has been said. Now that’s just a suggestion, but I don’t mean to stifle discussion if anyone wishes to continue in this thread.

By way of response to the OP, I think fde101 has quite succinctly summarized what we know.

9 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

what we know

What we know is that Serif changed decisions in the past. Also regarding features of APub. Therefore, nobody should not be so disappointed to not express his needs, after all; other companies offer this feature, so Serif could also try it at some point. Needs change reality, not the possible knowledge about past decisions.

9 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

no one answered until today

Yes. Serif wrote: "We cannot always review every submission a User may make.”