When using the OVERLAY PAINT TOOL ... or any tool which would allow the creation of any mask in an image - either in DEVELOP or PHOTO persona ... I have noticed that while creating the mask that the density is not entirely always "even" in its coverage without going over it repeatedly.

The question I have is this: Does the density of the mask - in other words ... the solid-ness of the color red ... have any actual effect on the process on the underlying image when it is processed? My habit up to now is to paint and repaint until the mask has a solid and even ruby color in the area to which I am applying the mask. This takes considerable time, and it would be nice to discover that this may not be necessary ... IF the density of the mask is irrelevant ... and instead its mere presence is sufficient for the effect.

Thanks to anyone that may have an answer.

MGBJAY

MASK_EXAMPLE.png

Hi @MGBJAY,

Welcome to the forums. 

The density of that red mask is indeed relevant. It seems to be some sort of opacity and spacing on the default brush that's being used. We will look into this to see what's going on. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I have logged it with our developers as an improvement. Now it's just a matter of waiting and see if it gets implemented.