You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fix RTL for Arabic, Persian and Hebrew languages

11 minutes ago, ashf said:

I know, but if you won't take any action, the situation won't be changed.

I'm totally not in the programing line, i don't know where to start.

I wish someone would do it. Once forever.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, MEB said:

Hi Amr,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
As said in the original post this is something we do plan to implement but not in the short/medium term. There's still a lot of work in other areas that must be done first, sorry.

I don't like your answer. This is not a good way to treat your customers, i bought too of your products and when i ask support for my language you are telling me :"There's still a lot of work in other areas that must be done first" You know, stay working on important things, I am going back to adobe. And not juste this, I am going to make you some advertising. I recommanded you for a lot of my entourage but today I will be doing the opposite.

Regards.

Multilingual support is the most important thing for a popularity program. Both, Adobe and Corel have supported rtl languages from almost the first version.

Affinity, please support our languages! we are waiting for it so long!

• Staff

Hi Boualam, tyu,
That reply was given specifically in the context/continuation of the conversation on another thread when Publisher and its integration with the rest of the suite was still under heavy development. In any case support for RTL languages will still take quite some time since this is a rather complex/difficult task technically and takes time to do it properly. Thanks for understanding.

On 4/29/2020 at 3:58 AM, MEB said:

Hi Boualam, tyu,

In any case support for RTL languages will still take quite some time since this is a rather complex/difficult task technically and takes time to do it properly. Thanks for understanding.

But as soon as possible. please. please.

I really like working with Affinity Designer.

But, recently, I switched to using Sketch because Designer is not supporting Arabic language.

I hope you can add this feature, as there are lots of Arab users who are struggling with designing in Arabic.

Thanks for your great software.

On 4/29/2020 at 10:58 AM, MEB said:

Hi Boualam, tyu,
That reply was given specifically in the context/continuation of the conversation on another thread when Publisher and its integration with the rest of the suite was still under heavy development. In any case support for RTL languages will still take quite some time since this is a rather complex/difficult task technically and takes time to do it properly. Thanks for understanding.

Kind of wired to say it’s a complicated feature to add while the OS natively supports RTL.

If it’s complicated as you say, the product team did a bad job from the start. It’s 2020, multilingualism is a must.

• 4 weeks later...

Right-to-Left support is here!

AMAZING NEWS to all of you want full right-to-left support for all Affinity software.

I’m developing the perfect tool to give seamless right-to-left support on all Affinity software.

✔️ Supports all Affinity creative software (Designer, Photo, Publisher).

✔️ Simple keyboard shortcut to activate while typing and all works.

✔️ No more copy\pasting to an external website or anything like that.

✔️ Supports pasting RTL text into Affinity.

Want to get notified when it's out?

Leave your details in the link below!

https://www.artwayz.com/right-to-left-fix

15 minutes ago, amirgelman said:

Leave your details in the link below!

https://bit.ly/RTL-Fix

Good idea, but why not link directly to the target page instead of cloaking the link with a Bitly URL? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Just now, Alfred said:

Why not link directly to the target page instead of cloaking the link with a Bitly URL? :/

Appreciate the heads up.

But do tell me - how does Bitly links are bad for other people when entering a link?

For me it's just a general understanding of how many people clicked\interested etc... 😔

29 minutes ago, amirgelman said:

Appreciate the heads up.

But do tell me - how does Bitly links are bad for other people when entering a link?

For me it's just a general understanding of how many people clicked\interested etc... 😔

An obscured link can also point to a bad website is all. Some people don't trust them.

Always check site you don't know and trust - and never click on shortened URLs in a forum without validating it:

https://www.expandurl.net

https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

1 hour ago, amirgelman said:

Right-to-Left support is here!

(...)

Want to get notified when it's out?

What do you mean with "support is here!" ?

Do I understand right that currently this website is just a poll asking for RTL languages + email-addresses?
Combined with the former bitly URL it seems a bit weird. – What is currently the use of this site?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

34 minutes ago, thomaso said:

What do you mean with "support is here!" ?

Do I understand right that currently this website is just a poll asking for RTL languages + email-addresses?
Combined with the former bitly URL it seems a bit weird. – What is currently the use of this site?

I’m gathering emails so I could notify everyone at once. It’s a more efficient way than only start notifying people once it’s finished.

And to answer your question - ArtWayz.com is my company’s website. We don’t just develop apps/tools, we do business marketing services and more.

You can check it out.

2 minutes ago, amirgelman said:

at once. (...) once it’s finished.

Hm? You will notify them once it's finished, right? But you collect their emails now, before the app exists. And you say "support is there".

Appears confusing. I can't see the efficiency.
What would you loose if you 1. finish the app, then 2. publish the website and 3. sell it there directly – without a need to notify somebody at all?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

20 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Hm? You will notify them once it's finished, right? But you collect their emails now, before the app exists. And you say "support is there".

Appears confusing. I can't see the efficiency.
What would you loose if you 1. finish the app, then 2. publish the website and 3. sell it there directly – without a need to notify somebody at all?

Completely agree with you.

I've registered my email for @amirgelman plug-in, but now I am specious that my email will be used for something else by them.

2 minutes ago, bluemix said:

Completely agree with you.

I've registered my email for @amirgelman plug-in, but now I am specious that my email will be used for something else by them.

not gonna happen. relax.

and the app exists and is actually 95% percent ready.

I'm not gonna argue with you whether or not one should be suspicious... I'm not making anyone join this thing.
Even more so - I always advise people to be careful where they put their emails (especially my parents lol).

however - I will post a YouTube video\tutorial in the next week or so and then maybe I'll have more to show for other than just talking.

for now - lets leave it to "whoever believes and wants to be notified - leave your details and you'll get an email once it's out."