You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Spread frame should maintain linkage to Master Page After Clickiing Finish

Hi AdamM,

This is picking up our conversation from Affinity Publisher Beta Forum and your response.

My suggestion is that, once a user detaches a Spread frame from the Master Page, edit the text frame or other items on the spread and you click finish button, it automatically re-attach to the Master Page.  My reason is that, without that subsequent edits to the Master Page will not be automatically picked up by this Spread.   This can easily lead to unnecessary confusion on the users part.

Another advantage is that, one can be sure that once a Spread is attached to to Master Page, the Spread maintains linkage with the Master Page unless the user explicitly decides to break this linkage.

I hope this will be taking into consideration.

Nana

If the modified attributes were re-attached that would imply that your changes would be reverted, in which case why make them in the first place?

You do realize that only the things you actually change (position/scale/rotation, colors, etc.) are detached and other properties of the object remain linked?

For example, if I choose to Edit Detached, and move a circle that was on a master page, it will change the position of the circle, detaching the position and size from the master.

If I then go to the master page and change the color, the color will change on the one that I moved, even though the position is different from the other spreads that inherit from the master.