You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HELP! Artboard won't export bleeds properly to .pdf

Hi @Bryce,

The problem come from the luminosity/contrast adjustement layer.

If disabled, the bleed is exported. You can create a group for the images, and apply the adjustement to the group or put it inside the group, and after this you'll be able to export with bleed and adjusted.

I suggest you report this as a bug in the bugs section.

• 4 months later...

I had the very same problem. All of my artboards exported with the bleeds correct, except for one artboard. And as Gabe said above, it seemed to have to do with an adjustment layer. Once I moved the adjustment layer to be within another layer (a sublayer) as opposed to just on top of it, everything exported with the bleeds just fine. Definitely a bug.

Edited by dsaunier

• 11 months later...
On 5/28/2020 at 7:53 AM, Gabe said:

Hi both,

We are aware of an issue where Bleed fails to export if you have Adjustment Layers placed inside artboards. However, the main issue with your document is that you don't have any bleed set up. 

Second, and more related to the document setup and not the actual bleed, why is your document so large? is it nearly 1m x 2m(11100px x 21600px) at 300 DPI...

I was having the same issue as above, and indeed was able to solve it by moving an adjustment layer to be a sub layer instead of its own layer in the file. Bleed appeared perfectly once I did this. Weird issue. thanks for the advice!

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "Bleed fails to export when you have an adjustment layer on an artboard" (REF: AF-413) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.3.0.2150".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.