You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does batch export exist in Affinity Photo?

From the menus...

File > New Batch Job

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 year later...

Have you specified a ‘Save into:’ location (via the ‘...’ button)? Have you tried entering W and H values, perhaps 100% for each if you want the original dimensions to be used?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

24 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Have you specified a ‘Save into:’ location (via the ‘...’ button)? Have you tried entering W and H values, perhaps 100% for each if you want the original dimensions to be used?

From the file path info in the screenshot, it looks like @dogonpremise is running the Mac version of AP.

Although the Batch jobs help topic does not mention or even show an "Authorize" button (which it should), I think it is necessary to click that button on the first launch of a batch job to enable creating one, at least for the MAS version of AP.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, dogonpremise said:

yes I did via authorize file location selection

Does that mean you clicked the "Authorize..." button in the Batch Job window?

If not, try that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

45 minutes ago, dogonpremise said:

yes I clicked the authorize button and selected destination folder.

What (if anything) happened when you clicked the button?

Affinity Photo 

I don't know what is preventing your OK button from becoming active. On my Mac, the "Authorize..." button is greyed out, I think because I only had to authorize the batch process once to get it work every time, but I am not sure about that.

That was so long ago that I don't remember much about it but I also think it had nothing to do with selecting a destination folder, that it was just a 'one shot' global authorization that the Mac App Store version of AP required to allow the app to write anything outside its application sandbox, sort of like the "Authorize Global" button in the Photoshop plugins preference.

Affinity Photo 

Hi  R C R and Alfred,

To Alfred's question I thought I did not have to put a size value, but taking your advice I went ahead and entered 100 in each box, although that did not make a difference with regards making the ok button active.

And To R C R when I click on the authorization button it opens a " choose destination" dialog box, then I choose destination folder and the dialog box closes, and everything is as pictured above in my screenshot, with the ok button greyed out still. I do not need to apply a macro, but I went ahead and selected one just to see what would happen, and it had no affect on making the ok button active, I am out of ideas.

1 hour ago, dogonpremise said:

... I am out of ideas.

I pretty much am out of ideas, too. The only thing I can think of is this somehow may have something to do with where you are trying to save the output of the batch job, like maybe to a folder you do not have write access to from your user account or on a cloud-based server or something.

Is there anything like that you can think of that might be relevant here?

Affinity Photo