You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Simple hatching styles | Einfach Schraffur Stile

Mensch Mesch

With these simple hatching styles you can hatch your vector objects in Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo. Affinity Publisher Beta seems not working yet (previews looks strange on my machine).

schraffuren-hatchings-affinity-designer-styles.png.0e4a36799e602fd5955b1054de4df774.png

DOWNLOAD: https://mensch-mesch.com/download/affinity-designer-schraffuren-hatchings/

With the red styles you can easily change the color of the hatching while using an adjusment layer recolor.

Keep on drawin'

Norbert

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB, MacBook Pro M1 | macOS 12.1 | iPad Pro2 | iOS 15.2

Affinity Designer 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Photo 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

Just a sample on how to use the hatching styles.

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB, MacBook Pro M1 | macOS 12.1 | iPad Pro2 | iOS 15.2

Affinity Designer 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Photo 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for these tools. I have been looking for something to accomplish this task that was this simple. Much appreciated.

I will add for anyone who is unsure how to import these tools that if one goes to the "Styles" tab there is a tool selection icon that drops down the option to Import Styles Catagory.

Best,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hallo Norbert,

ich Danke dir für dieses Tool,

eine Frage dazu. Ich habe mit den Schraffuren diy Template und auch mit deinen bereitgestellten Stilen das Problem, dass die Schraffur in den verschieden großen „Boxen“ unterschiedlich dick ist. Möchte aber gerne, dass sie überall gleich wird (ist für die Gebäudeschraffuren einer OSM Karte, die ich als Lageplan benutzen möchte) 

mache ich etwas falsch, oder geht das nicht einheitlich? 

LG Hannah

On 2/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, Mensch Mesch said:

With these simple hatching styles you can hatch your vector objects in Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo. Affinity Publisher Beta seems not working yet (previews looks strange on my machine).

schraffuren-hatchings-affinity-designer-styles.png.0e4a36799e602fd5955b1054de4df774.png

DOWNLOAD: https://mensch-mesch.com/download/affinity-designer-schraffuren-hatchings/

With the red styles you can easily change the color of the hatching while using an adjusment layer recolor.

Keep on drawin'

Norbert

Thank you, it's amazing!

iMac: 3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 / Graphic: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB / System: Sonoma 14.1 (23B74)

• 2 years later...

Thank you, these are very useful.

But please be aware that these hatchings are not true vectors.

I am preparing files for Lightburn (laser cutting etc) and quickly see that these hatches disappear when an an .svg containing them is imported into Lightburn. 

This is an Affinity issue: they misuse the term 'vector' (styles, brushes etc).

There is a solution but it takes time. It means you will be outputting the file as PNG and then vectorising it afterwards.

1. Use these hatch patterns. Output your file with its hatch pattern as a PNG in high res eg 2000 px X 2000 px or greater.

2. Import that PNG into Inkscape (free) or Illustrator (sell your family to rent/purchase this Adobe product), and vectorise it.

Inkscape works very well. be patient. Sometimes you need to choose /toggle to 'Centre Line Trace' mode. Worth the hassle.