You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Right now I'm testing Affinity to see it can replace Photoshop CS6.

It's great that my Photoshop projects can be imported, but unfortunately the colors aren't the same.
I'm quite sure that's because my project use Photoshop styles.
Is it possible to import Photoshop styles into infinity?
It are plain .asl files no installer, copy protection or any such thing. (freeware styles)

Who can help me before my 10 days are up?

• Staff

Hi DemoUser,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
No, Affinity Photo doesn't support Photoshop layer styles (.asl files) so there's no direct way to import them.

We do import/support PSD files with layer styles applied (but even so not all are supported because there's no direct match between Photoshop and Affinity Photo styles/settings) - you can use that to transfer the styles to Affinity.

1 hour ago, DemoUser said:

Is it possible to import Photoshop styles into infinity?

In Photoshop create a Photoshop (PSD) document, add some simple shapes in it

Add the styles you want to use one by one to a shape

Save and open the document in AP

Right Click each individual shape and select Create Style. The style will be added to your Style Panel for use on  other objects/documents

60% of the styles I used in PS work OK in AP but a lot of styles will not

( You can also try just opening an existing Photoshop PSD file which you have styles in, select the object and create a style from that if the style looks correct in AP.  If it does not initially look correct it's unlikely that recreating the style in AP will be of any use )

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 year later...