You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please develop a Live Trace like feature

As great as Affinity Designer is, and as much as I love using it, I can’t stress how necessary and useful it would be to have the ability to “Live Trace” bitmap images for conversion to vector. I’d go as far as to say it’s one of the few major features holding Designer back from becoming a true Adobe Illustrator replacement. 

It’s no secret that many iPad users love using bitmap only applications like Procreate to create their initial designs and later, are looking for ways to to convert these into vector versions. Including a tool like this would make starting in bitmap and finishing up exclusively in vector so much easier and more possible using only the iPad than ever before.

Please, consider a Live Trace like feature for a future update and please like &/or comment if you also believe a feature like this would be useful in your workflow!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I should have looked this up before I bought, I think. I wanted to smooth the pixel lines of my procreate art and thought I'd be able to do that in Affinity. I'm seeing now that this maybe ISN'T a thing I can do?
Am I correct in understanding that there's no feature for refining pixelated edges from procreate in this program?

On 6/26/2020 at 11:57 PM, JoeLangdale said:

When I crop an image sometimes my crop selection goes outside of the image itself which then once cropped that section just comes up as white. 

Is there a way to lock so the crop cannot go outside the image itself? 

Kind Regards

Joe Langdale

11 hours ago, abetterjulie said:

Hi, I should have looked this up before I bought, I think. I wanted to smooth the pixel lines of my procreate art and thought I'd be able to do that in Affinity. I'm seeing now that this maybe ISN'T a thing I can do?
Am I correct in understanding that there's no feature for refining pixelated edges from procreate in this program?

Post some of your art, and someone might point out a technique or process

• 1 month later...