You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing Text from Files

I'm trying Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.0.227 on a Mac using OS 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and the Import Text from File is not in the Text drop down menu so I can't import text from other documents. I tried using File Place with the cursor in the Text Box but all my documents were "greyed" and clicking on them doesn't work. The Help files from Affinity say to use Import Text from Files in the Text drop down menu so I looked at other drop down menus but the command just doesn't exist. Suggestions?  Thanks.

Frank

• 1 year later...
On 2/1/2019 at 5:19 AM, MEB said:

Hi Frank Bettendorf,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This has changed in the build 221. Use the menu File ▸ Place... instead and select a text file to import it. The Text > Insert Text from File command was removed from the Text menu.

I just tried what you said MEB but it looks really ugly.. Do you know why it adds a white background?
By the way, I'm simply trying to make a multilingual document with pretty much the same layout. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.