You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export SVG from Affinity for iPad to use with Cricut Design Space

Hello y'all!

I'm pretty new to vectorizing things, so this may be an obvious problem.  I've been trying to export an SVG of my handwriting that I went over in Affinity on my iPad, but I'm having some problems when I upload it to Design Space.  When I open the SVG using a browser, it seems fine.  It even looks fine in the preview image on Design Space.  However, once I insert the file, part of the image goes black and some of my lines become much thinner.  Any ideas what might help?  Thank you!

blaming you svg.png

blaming you preview.png

blaming you design space.png

• Staff

Hi savvyl,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please post a copy of your SVG file and your .afdesign file? If you don't wish to make these public you can upload them to the following link - https://www.dropbox.com/request/O7qyFWqag1H8aXbyyjUG

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

6 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi savvyl,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please post a copy of your SVG file and your .afdesign file? If you don't wish to make these public you can upload them to the following link - https://www.dropbox.com/request/O7qyFWqag1H8aXbyyjUG

Hi Dan!

Thank you for the welcome and for your time.  :)  I went ahead and uploaded the files to the dropbox link.

• Staff

Thanks for that :)

Could you please try using the SVG I've attached to the following link, I've tried changing the fill modes on the affected objects, but I don't have a Design Space account to try uploading the file. 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ew56i89xvfosg10/AAAxBCsh3m6rcijN0L4FLkkDa?dl=0

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

8 hours ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for that :)

Could you please try using the SVG I've attached to the following link, I've tried changing the fill modes on the affected objects, but I don't have a Design Space account to try uploading the file. 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ew56i89xvfosg10/AAAxBCsh3m6rcijN0L4FLkkDa?dl=0

Hello!  I gave it a try but unfortunately it still seems to be having the same problems.  :(

8331E8DB-E8E7-4D46-8702-B9A57F1C9107.jpeg

• Staff

Sorry to hear it!

I've looked through some previous forum posts regarding Design Space and found the following - 

If you follow firstdefence's advice in terms of breaking shapes then the 2 affected objects will not be filled in black on import.

Another workaround for this, instead of breaking the shape, is to expand the curves. If you expand all of the curves that make up the banner then you should find on import that the objects aren't filled and the lines retain the correct thickness.

Secondly, the 'cross' on the t needs to be closed before export, if you select the 2 open nodes and click Close Curve on the context toolbar, then export the SVG it should import correctly into Design Space.

I've attached a version of your file with these changes made below, please let me know if this helps :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7222k74g96z2e5x/AADZKipl928cASNovudgYE8qa?dl=0

Please note -

Many thanks!