You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer highlight disappears when adj layer is created

Both the beta and the release have this issue.  When an adjustment layer is created for a layer the highlighting of that layer in the layer panel disappears.  If several layers have adjustment layers there is no way to know which was just added and which layer is selected.  Closing the adjustment panel does not cause the layer selection to reappear.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Interesting...  I never even looked at that setting.

If you leave it to add as a new layer, you can get the same effect by clicking the "Insert inside the selection" button on the main toolbar before adding the layer, and then it gets highlighted.

Confirmed that after adjusting that in either program to match the way I had it set in the other they do both behave the same way.

Seems this issue is related to that setting in the assistant manager.

A similar thing happens in designer pixel persona and in photo with brushes. Select and brush and if you resize it the highlight disappears. Seems to work as expected in designer vector persona though.

I think ideally it should be sticky and just remain highlighted until you pick a different brush, even if you use a different tool then go back to the brush tool. That way you can visually see the last brush was you were using. Would be a great help in the painting process.

I'm going to start a separate thread on this but thought I'd mention it here because it was sort of related and a fix for both might be connected somehow... (?) 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.