I am running Lightroom 6.14 and because I am quite familiar with it I do most of my straightforward editing in it at present.LR allows me to click 'edit in Affinity Photo'. This creates a copy of the photo in LR and opens it in Affinity photo as well. When I have finished working in APh is there a way that I can send it directly back to LR? If I try to 'export' (or save for that matter.) I only get a list of drives and main folders such as Desktop and Documents, I cannot bring up any subfolders or see a link to LR. At the moment I am having to export to Desktop or a recently used folder and then import it back into LR using LR's import function, which is very longwinded. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Deadeyedox :)

I recommend checking out the below post on our forums, as this outlines how you can open Lightroom files in Affinity, then save them back to Lightroom. I hope this helps!

Dear Dan, many thanks, it is always the simple bits that are the hardest to get your head around. I was being too quick - it took nearly 10 seconds for the altered image to arrive back in LR and I thought it wasn't working.

I also use Lightroom 6.14 and switch between Lightroom and Affinity, with Affinity set as External Editor but I am at the moment looking at moving completely over to Affinity as on the next IOS Update sometime in October / September Lightroom 6.14 will not work as they are setting for operation of 64 bit programmes only and Lightroom 6.14 is 32 bit, hence my panic of trying to move across but due to the edits of raw files in Lightroom being in a Library I don't believe all my edits are able to move across to Affinity and I have literally thousand of images that have been processed in Lightroom

Dear George,

I am no expert but I would suggest that it would be better for you to post this as a new item. as the problem seems to be different to the one that I asked and got an answer to. Otherwise your question may get lost and not answered. 

I AM HOPING THAT SERIF WILL BRING OUT A LIGHTROOM EQUIVALENT THAT WILL ALLOW ALL OUR IMAGES CURRENTLY IN LIGHTROOM TO BE SIMPLY TRANSFERRED TO THEIR NEW PROGRAMME AND EVERYTHING WILL STILL HAVE FULL FUNCTIONALITY !!!! THAT WOULD REALLY PUT A BIGGER DENT IN ADOBE'S MARKET SHARE AFTER THEIR DECISION TO 'RENT' THEIR PROGRAMMES OUT ONLY.

1 hour ago, Deadeyedox said:

I AM HOPING THAT SERIF WILL BRING OUT A LIGHTROOM EQUIVALENT THAT WILL ALLOW ALL OUR IMAGES CURRENTLY IN LIGHTROOM TO BE SIMPLY TRANSFERRED TO THEIR NEW PROGRAMME AND EVERYTHING WILL STILL HAVE FULL FUNCTIONALITY !!!!

Unless the format of the LightRoom library files, and the sidecar files, are fully documented and free from copyright (or perhaps licensed in some compatible way), I doubt that will be technically or legally possible.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

45 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Unless the format of the LightRoom library files, and the sidecar files, are fully documented and free from copyright (or perhaps licensed in some compatible way), I doubt that will be technically or legally possible. 

Walt, while I have not tested this myself, this seems not at all unrealistic. Here's a Lightroom migration guide by a competitor.

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

See digiKam and how they make use of LR metadata here. - BTW, Darktable has also a Lightroom import module.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan