You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm sure that I'm not alone in wanting this feature.

Coming from a background of working in Photoshop (I'm not really a vector-person), I absolutely love using Affinity Designer's Pixel Persona. 
The organic/natural media-esque brushes have always been my go-to, and I've been using them in Designer a bunch.

On the flip side, I use the Draw Persona more for layout and lettering.

For this reason I think it would be really handy to have the Magic Wand Tool (the same as in Photo) in the Designer Pixel Persona.
So far the selection brush doesn't really do the trick, and using the lasso (while very useful) to manually select areas can become a bit tedious.

Just putting this out there for consideration. :)

I agree that a Magic Wand Tool is easier to use. I just can't get a solid selection with the Brush Selection Tool no matter how I use it. I've been wanting it for a while now; a Magic Wand Tool that can select "All Layers" like the Brush Selection Tool does.

To be fair, the program's purpose is vector drawing, but the Pixel Persona, in my opinion, is good for mockup. Before drawing something complex with vector, it benefits to sketch out the mechanics first, and selections are just something that completes that mockup.

There is the plan to eventually have pixel selections convert to vector objects for tracing purposes, so I do wonder what is yet to come on the road.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• 6 months later...

@Bri-Toon I totally get that, but the Pixel Persona can be very useful for less intense raster work. Maybe not a good choice for in-depth photo editing/manipulation, but it's certainly more than capable of handling some raster illustration work and digital painting (as well as sketching out rough drafts that will be traced in Vector in the Draw persona as you said). I think the Magic Wand/Flood Select Tool is a pretty essential tool in any raster-based workspace/app. The other reason I'm mentioning it is because it's already available in Designer for iPad, but seems to be missing on Desktop, which makes me think it was possibly mistakenly overlooked in the 1.7 update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 2:01 AM, ChristiduToit said:

@Bri-Toon I totally get that, but the Pixel Persona can be very useful for less intense raster work. Maybe not a good choice for in-depth photo editing/manipulation, but it's certainly more than capable of handling some raster illustration work and digital painting (as well as sketching out rough drafts that will be traced in Vector in the Draw persona as you said). I think the Magic Wand/Flood Select Tool is a pretty essential tool in any raster-based workspace/app. The other reason I'm mentioning it is because it's already available in Designer for iPad, but seems to be missing on Desktop, which makes me think it was possibly mistakenly overlooked in the 1.7 update.

I personally like the Magic Wand better as well. When I use the Selection Brush Tool, I seem to go off the boundaries quite a lot. Depending on how solid the lines of the draft are, it is very hard for that to happen with the Magic Wand. And who knows, maybe the tool is planned since it's in the iPad version.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!