I'm using a Mac OS 10.9.5 but couldn't import text because in the Text Column the choice Import Text from File doesn't exist. I had to do a Copy/Paste to bring in text from another document. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Frank B

I posted elsewhere but here it is again. I'm using Affinity Beta 1.7.0.227 on a Mac running OS 10.9.5. I tried to import text but when I used the recommended "Help" suggestion I found that the command "Import Text from File" does not exist in the Text drop down menu. Looked elsewhere on other menus and found nothing. Same when I looked under Help. Suggestions?

Thanks, Frank B

If you're talking about Publisher, you're in the wrong forum.  You'd want one of the ones here.

But in that case Publisher .227 changed the way this is handled. With the cursor in the Text Frame, use File > Place to select the file to insert.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

18 hours ago, Frank Bettendorf said:

the choice Import Text from File doesn't exist

If “Text ▻ Import Text from File” is really missing this could be a quick solution:

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open. Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, watch this before: https://vimeo.com/189596577

HTH

Just now, Oval said:

If “Text ▻ Import Text from File” is really missing this could be a quick solution:

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open. Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, watch this before: https://vimeo.com/189596577

HTH

No reset should be needed. Publisher .227 just changed how things work.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

No reset should be needed. Publisher .227 just changed how things work.

Yes, yes, was offline and did not see the new post of Frank.

I followed Will's suggestion and tried using the File Place command and that doesn't work. When I opened my folder of text documents they appeared grey instead of black and I tried clicking on the document and it wouldn't respond. Other suggestions? Thanks.

Frank

This is from one of the release notes...

"Text > Insert Text from File has been removed and File > Place should be used instead. The types of files available via File > Place depends on context, for example if a Text Frame is selected then text files will be made available."

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

On 31. Januar 2019 at 10:22 AM, GabrielM said:

affinity-designer-affinity-photo/

@GabrielM Can you please move this stuff because it seems to be about APu.

5 hours ago, Oval said:

@GabrielM Can you please move this stuff because it seems to be about APu.

The OP also has several topics, and has already opened one in the Publisher Mac bugs forum.

-- Walt