You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Will there ever be an Affinity Video?

• Staff

Hi Funn4Lo,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The main focus now is on improving the current suite of apps: Publisher - currently in Beta/new product, add support for GPU acceleration on Affinity Photo for Windows (already implemented on the latest Photo Beta on Mac), continue improving/adding features to Affinity Photo and Designer (all platforms). No plans for other apps other than a DAM possibly.

DaVinci Resolve

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

On 1/30/2019 at 10:45 PM, Funn4Lo said:

Windows 10

depending on your config and the amount of time you plan to invest into learning or doing videos i would advice you go for : Filmora 9 or Filmora Pro.
Personally i like Filmora Pro it is still new but most of things you can do with premiere you can do with it and not only that Filmora Pro uses less resources on both plateform while you may not easily run or work with Premiere which may lead you to buy another computer (i don't think that what you want).
Camtasia is also another good software but only if you plan to deliver educational contents such tutorials, courses etc... that really rocks i use for educational content delivery and it is a really good piece of software.

Another point is Filmora Pro and Camtasia are not so expensive and you have tons of pre-made stuffs both free and paid that you can use to start with and learn from.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

On 1/30/2019 at 9:35 PM, Funn4Lo said:

I discovered Affinity Photo not too long ago

Dear !
That doesn't matter at all; the most important thing is where you are now and the right choice you have made !
Also added the joy that procure your presence in this community.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

re Davinci Resolve

On 1/31/2019 at 2:08 AM, Funn4Lo said:

It requires way to much horse power even for my higher end system 

That's surprising - I've got a lower end i7 and it handles 4K without any problems.  Is there something specific you need to do?

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

On 1/30/2019 at 8:51 PM, Funn4Lo said:

Any suggestions for a companion video editor? 

Have you looked at the range of Pro and Semi-pro video editing products from Magix?  They offer products from the really simple and straightforward to the rather more complex and demanding.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:38 AM, IanSG said:

re Davinci Resolve

That's surprising - I've got a lower end i7 and it handles 4K without any problems.  Is there something specific you need to do?

Just basic editing. I have an i7 with 16gm ram and Nvidia GPU, but 4k in the preview window is so jerky, its impossible to edit. I don't have that issue in other editors. I just haven't found anything that clicks for me as well as Affinity 

On 1/30/2019 at 12:51 PM, Funn4Lo said:

Any suggestions for a companion video editor? 

Hit Film (they have a free version) which is pretty feature rich and plenty of room to grow with, or Pinnacle Studio (comes with free 21 day video training at Studio Backlot) which has a ton of transitions and effects to play around with.